Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pick up the phone!!

 In my short 33 years I have seen the way we communicate by phone change drastically. When I was little we had a rotary phone and only had to dial the last 4 digits for local calls. Remember those phones? We had 25 foot cords so you could walk away from earshot of any eavesdroppers. Then the phone that had push buttons and we had to dial ALL SEVEN NUMBERS!!! I thought I was gonna die I couldn't wait that long to talk! We had a see-through phone it was cool. Next the cordless phone, hallelujah this was the best invention ever. You could walk into another room without tripping on a cord! Don't get me started on the answering machines! Later came the car phones you know the ones in the bags? Now days everyone has a cell phone, some have just the ole run of the mill phones. But some have phone that are practically alive! Not only can you make calls but you can text, surf the Internet,  get directions, or listen to music. The younger generations have it made with such technology at their fingertips. Til next time, I am always a click away!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment